"You’re not alone." That’s what we tell the young people in our care every day, and now we’re telling it to you. Review and utilize the resources in this toolkit to make the most of your Sleep Out experience.
If you’ve never fundraised before (or if it’s been awhile), our step-by-step instructions will help you be effective with just a little effort. Get Started.
Finding the right words to share with your network can be the hardest part of fundraising. We’ve done the heavy lifting so you can copy-and-paste. Take a look.
Ready to move beyond email? Use your social networks as an easy, effective, and creative way to share your Sleep Out with a large audience. Learn how.
Instagram now gives you the ability to add a "Donate" button to your Instagram stories! This is a great way to get donations from people you may not have emails for. Though it won't automatically update on your Sleep Out page as Facebook does, it's still a great way to reach your network and raise funds. Here's how you do it:
- Open Instagram and click the camera icon in the top-left corner to add a photo or video to your Instagram story.
- Once your photo or video is ready, tap the sticker icon (top right). From the menu, tap the "Donation" sticker and search for @covenant_house when you select your charity.
- This will open a donate button, which you can edit with custom text. You can also move the button around and place it where you want it on your photo or video.
- Tap the "Send To " button on the bottom right corner and select the option to share in your story.
- Once your story is live your followers can click the Donate button to make a gift directly to Covenant House, when one of your followers makes a donation, you'll receive a notification with their name and the amount.
- To have these gifts displayed on your Sleep Out page, email your donors' names and gift amounts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your fundraising page is not the only way to solicit or receive donations! Taking your campaign offline helps you connect with people you haven’t before, or with existing supporters in a new way. Find ideas.
You can also add your checks and cash donations you received from family and friends online! Here's how you do it:
- Once on your personal fundraising page, there will be a black dashboard at the top of the page with a "Donation" icon.
- When you click on the " Donation" icon a drop-down menu will appear and you'll see the option to "Add Offline Donation".
- Once you click the "Add Offline Donation" tab you'll be lead to a page to enter the name of the donor and the gift amount.
- After you have added in the above information, you will just press the blue " Add Donation" button at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions about Covenant House, fundraising, or Sleep Out generally, contact your event lead.