Sleep Out Health and Safety Policies
After careful consideration, we have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of attendees and staff who choose to Sleep Out in person:
1. Participants and staff will be required to show proof of vaccination.
2. Upon arrival, participants will be asked to take their temperature and verify that they have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Anyone who is experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms will be asked to stay home.
3. While indoors, Sleepers will be asked to wear a mask. Masks will be provided for any Sleeper who needs one. Sleepers may remove their masks while eating or drinking, but will be asked to respect social distancing.
4. While outdoors, Sleepers will be asked to respect social distancing guidelines and/or wear a mask when interacting with other Sleepers or staff.
5. If Sleepers are not able or willing to adhere to the policies outlined above for in-person participation, we invite you to create your own Sleep Out from home.
6. Additional testing may be required before attending. Please check your email for up-to-date information.
Your Safety is our Top Priority
These policies were determined in accordance with state and city regulations as well as federal and CDC guidelines. Covenant House leadership also considered feedback from essential staff at the front-lines of the pandemic and our Sleeper community.
As the situation evolves, so will our approach to keeping our community safe. We thank you for your patience and flexibility as we manage this, and your commitment to the fundamental purpose of Sleep Out: to provide every young person with a safe place to sleep.