Why did you agree to Sleep Out?
Our sample messages are a great place to start, but what really makes your friends and family care about Sleep Out is you. Taking time to add personal details to your fundraising page and appeals will not only help your fundraising, it will help you gain a deeper understanding of what connects you to this mission.
If you're not sure how to start a personal note to a person or group, try asking or answering the following questions:
- How has the person or group you're asking been affected by the pandemic? How are they holding up?
- How have you been affected and how are you doing?
- What made you decide to Sleep Out now? What are you hoping to get from the experience?
- If you have done the Sleep Out before, what's different this year?
- Where exactly will you Sleep Out? The more details, the better. (Finding out you can Sleep Out at home may inspire someone else to join the movement!)
- What's something that has made you feel hopeful recently?